Friday, May 31, 2019

May 31, 1919 -- William Philip Weber Makes His Entrance

 

Postcard:
May 31, 1919
 
Dear Uncle George,
  Mother says that now I have gone and upset all the plans of the family by arriving unexpectedly at 12:30 this noon I had best write and apologize for my behavior to the dearest Uncle in the world. Of course I haven’t seen you but Mother says you are the dearest Uncle and was almost provoked at me for hurrying my coming.  Perhaps that is the reason she don’t feed me very well but she says she will try to do better.   Only if you want a good feed when you arrive I would advise you to let them know you are coming.
Love from your New Nephew
 
May 31, 1919
 
Dearest Brother,
  We are all doing fine but I was so disappointed not to have you here to greet your little nephew when he arrived but he didn’t give me time to let you know.  Will tell you all about it when you come down but am rather tired now. Your letter of May 25th came but wish it had been you for that would have meant you would have been here for the Great Event.  We haven’t weighed or named him yet.  Love and prayers always and come home soon. 
Mizpah.  Your lovingest little sister.
Susan






No comments:

Post a Comment