Monday, October 9, 2017

October 9, 1917 - George Sherwood Looking for His Niche in the Engineers

Camp Logan, Tex. Oct 9 – ‘17

Dear Ones all:  For why didn’t I hear for you to-day yet.  Only one letter and nothing else since I hit this camp.  Again have I been transferred yet.  Maybe for better maybe for worse.  They are about to start topographical work in camp, but there are no intuitions as yet that I will be lucky enough to yet in on it.  I guess I am doomed to be a K.P. or Street P. and general flunky, unless I start I to be a grafter and get a pull.  There is an awful lot of difference between this and the regulars at Jefferson barracks.  The main trouble is lack of system I believe.  Then there does not seem to be any definite goal or aim in the work.  My present address is:

Headquarters Company 108th U.S. Engineers, Camp Logan Texas.

Tell all my friends of this change and ask them to write.  Be sure to see that I have $5.00 balance as I may check some ----(?).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment