Thursday, November 1, 2018

November 1, 1918 - George Gets Mysterious Hints From Home


Mrs. Wm. Sherwood                                                                    14th Somewhere in France
Kendall,  Wisconsin                                                                                 November 1, 1918

25G

Dear One’s All:
            This is the second time today I have started to write you, so here is hoping this one gets finished and mailed before it is lost.  Was just starting to write the 1st time when in rushed one of the fellows with a handful of mail, and two of them were nice fat ones for me from HOME (No’s 102-3). Have also enjoyed five treats in the shape of Keystones.  I hope by now you have received the signed request for Xmas coupon.  This is a niggardly [nothing to do with race; everything to do with "stinginess"] way to answer two such nice long letters, but I don’t know how to get enough news to fill even this small space.  Was very sorry to hear of Clem Walter’s loss, but hope he gets his wish to be home by Xmas.  Would much prefer to spend Xmas here and get home if I can have any choice.  It has been cloudy and gray today.  But the way, I can’t tell you how much I enjoy the community letters.  Thank them all for me.  By the way sister, does your little dissertation on “Girls attitudes” have any personal application or hint to me.  If so, please explain (at once).  With love to all.   George.

No comments:

Post a Comment