Sunday, June 30, 2019

June 30, 1919 --Cousin Grace Plans Visit to George, Billy Phil and Family


1919-0630 – Grace Pautsch to Herman and Susan Sherwood Weber

 

Madison, Wis.
June 30, 1919

 

Dear Folks:
            I received your letter and wish first to extend congratulations to the proud parents and greetings to the very new cousin.  
            Never mind about any lack of exciting entertainment.  I am not exactly a society butterfly so sated with the ceaseless whirl of social events that only the novel and strange can appeal to me.  A quiet visit will mean a great deal of pleasure to me.  As for the baby, I’m past grand master in the art of baby-tending, and love the job. (Recommendations can be had from Mrs. Klatt and son Sherwood).
            I called up the depot this morning and find that I cannot get out of here Thursday evening, or at least not until the unseemly hour of twelve-something, but can get a train out Friday morning at 7:40.  You probably know at what hour that train arrives at Kendalls.  You can look for me then.  If anything comes up in the meantime, so that I cannot come, and if it should be too late to write you, I’ll try to get you by phone.

                                                With best love to all

                                                            Au revoir,

                                                                        Grace Pautsch

 

626 Y. W. C. A.

Madison, Wis.

No comments:

Post a Comment