Sunday, April 30, 2017

George Looks Forward to Coming Home For Christmas 1915


1915-1212 – George Stevens Sherwood to Will & Ella Jane Sherwood and Susan



Appleton, Wisconsin  December 12, '15
Dear Ones All:           
 
             Please excuse the pencil but as I believe I told you, I lost my fountain pen and have nothing but a common pen to write with and that scratches enough to drive me wild.

            There isn’t much to tell and the excitement of thinking of going home is in my blood as I write so that I doubt if you can read even what I do scribble.  Mr. Moss alias Charlie is here to study Physics.  Suppose I’ll break my custom as well and study on Sunday again too, as Analytics still continues to “get my goat.”

            My standings for the six weeks are rather lower again than I like.  They run something like this:  Analytics – 82, Physics II – 85, Physics III – 92, Mech Drawing – 84, Surveying    85, Money and Banking – 85?  Well, again I swear – better next time.  And again I suppose they will be worse.  Edw and I have both written W Canney asking him to come back to Kendall for a visit at Xmas time, but don’t know whether he will or not.  Have about decided to go by way of Beaver Dam now which would bring me home Monday but don’t know yet for sure.  It will be Sunday or Monday anyway, I think. 

            By the way, I’m just wild to go hunting and how in the world am I to arrange it when you have “no hunting” signs in the Kendall Keystone and posted all over the valley.  I’ll go hunting I believe if I have to go ten miles!  We got beat in basketball 23 to 21 by Stevens Pt. normal yesterday on our gym floor.  What do you know about that.  Verily this school is locoed on athletics this year.  I’d give a lot to come back and try out for football next year, the way the outlook is now, but I suppose it “Kan’t be Did.”  Well, a week or so more so love to all for now,

                                                            Geo. S. Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment